Friday, December 5, 2008



When sleeping it is impossible to sleep with out your baby blanket. Blankets can be your savior when your having a bad day. They even can give you the feeling of quality material brushing past your face. Blankets are can't be separeted from their owner without prying it away from them.

That blanket has been my comfort since I was born and since I moved down here to Lincoln and didn't know anyone that I was sleep among. The blanket has been through so much that it has earned itself a name, "B." When sleeping every night that soft velvety feel has to be next to me or I can't sleep. My mom used to wrap me up tight in that blanket before it was time for bed. Wrapping me up prevented me from moving around in my sleep and waking up. Even when walking around the house that blanket never left my grasp. My mom threatened to take it way from me and I cried until she promised she would give it back after she washed it. My blanket could do every activity from playing video games to doing homework. That blanket was my best friend for many years and accompanied me to many places. It visited the ocean in San Diego, California and went snowmobilig in Greenland, Michigan. For the beginning of my life that blanket never left my sight.

That blanket has given me a since of pride for me even though it isn't very manly. "B," has been around forever and it would be a tragedy to do away with him. He even has a special place in my dorm room where he spends every night. It's right next to me where I can feel his soft, velvety touch against my skin. I wouldn't be able to survive without it. I even have 7 others at home that can replace the "B," if he need be. They couldn't take the place of my blue "B."

T.I.

No comments: