Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Post #16 First Autobiography

Photobucket



As I loaded up my bowling equipment to go home for Thanksgiving Break I picked up and held the first bowling ball that I ever recieved, a Bruswick Total Inferno. This wasn't the first Inferno that I had purchased. In May of 2008 I it helped me win a state championship. Every time I pick it up I unconsciously run my fingers of the parallel cuts that cross the finger holes and get my Bruswick towel out and wipe the remaining oil residue off. I begin to think abou the good times and friends that I have made from using bowling balls almost every weekend. I also think about all the different oil types that my ball works well on, including the Viper and Cheetah patterns from the PBA (Professional Bowlers Association). In the state championships I was faced with a heavy oil pattern that forced me to use this ball. The ball is made for heavy oil and is made of particle resin to create more hook. Hook that is created by the friction between the ball and the lane. On that day in May I found the perfect line to the pocket, the space between the 1 and 3 pin. I could hit the same mark everytime and get the same result, a strike. I shot the best series of my life, a 704 for three games which comes out to an average of 235 per game. That score was good enough to win an individual state championship and a $100 scholarship. This wasn't the first time that this ball had helped me earn a state title. It also aided me in winning the 2005 and 2006 state team championships and got me back to my third title match. That bowling ball has been through a lot with me and got me a lot of scholarship money.

T.I.

No comments: